Saturday, January 14, 2006

When Did We get Reduced to This?

When did love turn into being bought?
He bought me this and that so I muct love him
When did marriage turn into convenience?
Two salaries in one household is better than one
When did romance become sex?
He sexes me up and down when we're together
When did respect become him paying for three abortions?
He only paid for them because he respects me
When did we start believing that our sexuality could buy us power?
All I gotta do is shake my ass and I'll get whatever I want
When did love songs turn from ones that brought tears to our eyes
to ones that make us shake our heads in disbelief?
I believe you are my angel.....I think you better leave me alone, got the hell on, get gone
When did love for a man become more important than loving our children?
I'll have to miss your game tonight baby doll cause I have a hot date
When did we, the same ones whose grandmothers cleaned homes, took care of the family, and ran some kind of business on the side, stop doing for ourselves and become so materialistic?
He has to take care of all my bills if he wants to be with me
When did things change from I want a man who puts me on a pedestal and has a good heart to wanting one that has a phat whip and makes six figures
How he treats me doesn't matter if he has the right job and car
When did love for ourselves take the backseat to love for a man?
If he leaves me I will have nothing to live for
When did we stop taking a stand for lyrics that were right and be the first ones in line to buy demeaning and violent lyrics?
Who is he calling a bitch....girl thats my song!
When did we become so negative and judgmental against our own gender?
She thinks she's so bad because she's running her own business, she's not even cute!
WHERE DID SISTA LOVE GO?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home