Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Lets Do This

I've had this idea to write short stories incorporating my life in Zambia and my life here for the longest.

I wrote a short story 3 years ago that got good response.

I'm 29 and lived in Zambia till I was 17 so I feel that I have had 2 very important life experiences in 2 continents.

The only story I saw that incorporated both cultures to my liking was 'Love Noire'. So the need is there.

I realized today that fear has kept me from doing this.

Fear because I haven't been back home to Zambia for 12 years now. I somehow convinced myself that I wouldn't accurately portray what I wanted since I was 17 when I left.

Guess what? My experiences there may have ended at 17 as a teen but that right there is 17 years worth of things I know and I have plenty of resources to go from.

So here is to new beginnings......first short stories, I'm giving myself 2 years to see these stories put together in a book available everywhere.

Fear of the unknown in no longer an option!

3 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger mrs.tj said...

Oh My Goodness! I swear I love you for this site.

You know I really want a writing buddy or someone I can see writing and keep me motivated to write during the rough patches!

Thank you sooooooo much!
Now I can stay on you to write and get published and you can stay on me to write and be published!

HOLLA for real!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger ThatGirlTam said...

I can barely keep my shit together with ONE blog let alone 2...go 'head wit your BAD SELF!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

01 07 06

Cool new blog Mwabi: I look forward to reading about your experiences. Your writing is captivating:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home